Friday 15 June 2012

Top Summer Beauty Products: Face


1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser - £33 from House of Fraser
2. Laura Mercier Secret Camoflague- £26 from Space NK
3. Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder - £6.99 from Boots
4. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle - £21.50 from MAC
5. Urban Decay Primer Potion - £14.50 from Beauty Bay
6. L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara - £9.35 from Feel Unique
7. MAC Costa Chic - £13.50 from MAC
8. Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner - £2.59 from Boots

During the summer months,  I hate feeling and looking like my face is caked in heavy make-up, so I turn to lighter products that are sun and heat friendly. When the weather gets hotter, I tend to stay away from foundation and lean more towards tinted moisturisers or BB creams.  One particular product I am a fan of for summer is the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. This sheer and lightweight product adds a hint of colour to even out the skin tone, whilst creating a natural and glowing look to leave you feeling like you are wearing no make-up at all. It also provides the the added protection of a sun cream, with SPF 20 to protect from the harmful UVA and UVB rays.

When using a tinted moisturiser, if you have any blemishes that may not get fully covered, I find a good concealer can work wonders so you don't feel like you have to layer on the foundation. My favourite product for this is the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer which provides a great coverage on the necessary areas. The product also comes with two different shades which is perfect for summer when you get that bit of extra colour to the skin.

To give a golden glow when the sun comes out, I like to apply a bit of bronzer to add warmth and brighten up my face. I tend to stay away from a shimmery bronzers when I'm in the sun so I use the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder as I find that the colour is great for my skin tone and I love the matte finish. 

To go alongside bronzer, a trusty highlighter can create a fresh and dewy look for the summer when applied lightly to the top of the cheekbones, on the tip of the nose and cupids bow.  There are quite a few to choose from and it is personal preference when deciding between powder, cream or liquid highlighters. At the moment, I am loving MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle as I find powder highlighters so easy to apply to create that natural glowing look.

For longer-lasting eye-shadow in the summer months, I find that using a primer is necessary if you want it to last throughout the day. Urban Decay Primer Potion has been loved by many and is really great at preventing smudging and improving staying power.

Waterproof mascara is a must have item for me when I go on holiday, but I am starting to use it more often to prevent smudging when it gets hotter. I usually love to apply lashings of mascara but, again, I have started to opt away from this and create a much more natural look. For this, I love using L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara as it seperates and adds length to the lashes without clumping, but can also be built up if you want to add thickness too.

A great bright lipstick can help to finish off a summery make-up look. My favourite shades at the moment are bright corals and I think that Mac Costa Chic is prefect to add that pop of colour. I have written a more lengthy post with swatches here. Alongside this, lip protection is also necessary to stay clear of nasty blisters! I would recommend Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner as it has SPF 15 and leaves the lips feeling silky smooth.

What do add to your make-up collection in the summer? Do you have a 'go-to' make-up product?

I really do hope the sun starts to come out and all of you have a really great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you have! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...